Sunday, October 2, 2016 @ 11:30 am-4:30 pm
Start your fall with a Friends of Wehr tradition, Cider Sunday fundraiser. Held the first Sunday in October every year. Enjoy an afternoon filled with live music, great food, family activities, and fresh-made apple cider. Take a guided walk along the Nature Center trails and explore the changing leaf colors of the season. Proceeds from a fall themed silent auction and raffle will support Wehr Nature Center programming and projects. Cider Sunday is a great way to get the whole family involved in nature for the day. Come dressed for the weather, and be ready for a great time!
- Making cider with our hand crank cider press.
- Sampling and learning how apple butter is made over an open fire.
- Tapping your toes to live music by The Bluegrass All Stars and The Thistledown Thunders
- Apple tasting-over 8 different varieties
- Participating in our old-fashioned Cake Walk for a chance to win a homemade cake.
- Enjoying an amazing apple crepe or chocolate apple brownie
- Making fall crafts
- Hiking through the fall woods
- Silent auction and raffle
$3 per person
FREE for FOW members
$3 parking fee