October 13, 14 & 15 2016 (Thursday, Friday & Saturday)
2016 Event is SOLD OUT!
Halloween Haunts combines the make-believe, spooky fun of Halloween with the beauty of nighttime nature to create an event that is fun for the whole family. Halloween Haunts is designed especially for families with children ages 4 to 10. Hikes start every 7 minutes between 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Rain or Shine.
- Wehr’s woodland is transformed into an Enchanted Forest complete with a talking owl, a wise-cracking skeleton and even some rapping arthropods.
- Glowing mushrooms and happy ghosts are ready to surprise families that follow the Jack-o-lantern lit trail.
- The trip through the Enchanted Forest is just spooky enough to keep the kids enthralled, but is not designed to give anyone a nightmare. In fact, most folks leave with a smile on their face and a new appreciation for nature’s misunderstood creatures.
- Visitors are treated to a snack of cider and popcorn and can enjoy games, crafts, face painting and fortune telling in the Gardner Room after their walk. There is even a magic show to enjoy while you wait for your hike to start! It all makes for a great evening of entertainment and education.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance
- Members of the Friends of Wehr Special Early Ticket Sales Start Monday, September 12 at 9 a.m. Become a Member!
- General Public Ticket Sales begin Monday, September 19 and are on sale daily from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Purchase your tickets early or you don’t stand a ghost of a chance!
- We recommend that you come in person to purchase tickets. You can also charge your tickets over the phone using Visa, Discover, or MasterCard
- Tickets must be picked up at the Nature Center prior to Oct. 13 during regular office hours, 8:30am–4pm daily.
- Tickets can be mailed to you for an additional $5 fee per order; There will be no refunds or replacement for tickets lost in the mail.
- You must pay at the time of reservation
- You are limited to 16 tickets per person
- One adult must accompany every 5 children
- Tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable
$10 per person
$7 Milwaukee County Resident
$7 FOW members
Help Us Make Halloween Haunts Spooktacular
It takes hundreds of volunteers to make Halloween Haunts happen. We would love your help!
Join the Nature Center in giving hungry families a treat this Halloween
Children that bring a non-perishable food item to donate to Hunger Task Force will become eligible to win one of many cool prizes. There will be several winners each night and you need not be present to win.
Halloween Haunt is sponsored by:
Our 300+ Jack-o-Lantern pumpkins donated by:
And supported by our Community Partners:
Franklin Police Department